Respected elders, Dear friends, and Loving children;
The executive committee of AJA North-East Chapter is delighted to announce that our Annual Picnic will be held on Saturday, July 6, 2013 at Thompson Park Forsgate Drive, Jamesburg/Monroe Township, New Jersey. Please see the directions on the back.
The schedule of events will be as follows:
12:00 Noon – 1:30pm Registration, Snacks & Informal Interaction
1:30pm – 5:30pm Sports Activities
5:30pm – 6:30pm Community Updates
6:30pm – 7.30pm Dinner
Sports activities include: Volleyball, Tennis, Golf, musical chair, other games for children and adults. Wear sneakers and comfortable clothes, as your participation in all sports and other activities will be highly appreciated. Please send your rsvp by email to email@example.com with number of people will be attending.
Please Note That:
- Dues will be collected at the time of Registration in the Park: $75/family, $50/couple and $25/single person. In case you want to pay by check, please make check payable to AJA.
- Food is being catered. However, please feel free to bring any food items especially sweets of your choice to share with other members.
- Members coming from far away places should contact a committee member for overnight stay arrangements. Contact numbers are listd below.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate in cultural and sports activities; enthusiastic participation from the youth side will be appreciated. For details, please contact any committee member.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
Every member is requested to come and participate in all activities. We are sure that you will enjoy this event.
AJA is on Facebook now. Please like Association of Jats in America page(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Jats-in-America/465626520148233) so any announcement pasted on Facebook will appear when you login. Also please join the AJA face book group Association of Jats in America.
Directions to Thompson Park Forsgate Drive, Jamesburg / Monroe Township, New Jersey
Note: The park web site is http://co.middlesex.nj.us/parksrecreation/thompson.asp
From Route 287
- Take exit for Route 1 South
- Follow directions for Route 1
From Route 1
- Take Route 130 South
- After approximately 15 miles, take Route 32 East
- Route 32 turns into Forsgate Drive
- Continue to the 4-way stop intersection (Perrineville Road and Forsgate Drive)
- Continue straight through intersection
- Park entrance is on the right
From Route 18
- Take Main Street (Route 615 South – Spotswood)
- The road name changes to Manalapan Road (615)
- Continue on Route 615 into Jamesburg
- Make a left onto East Railroad Avenue in center of Jamesburg
- Make a right at the lake and cross over railroad
- Park entrance is on the left
From Route 9
- Turn off at Texas Road (Route 520 West)
- Make a left onto Englishtown Road (Route 613 South)
- Make a quick right onto Matchaponix Avenue (Route 612 West)
- This turns into Pergola Avenue
- Make a right at end of road (Buckelew Avenue)
- Make first left onto Forsgate Drive
- Park entrance is on the left
From Garden State Parkway
- Take exit for Route 9
- Take exit for Route 9 South
- Follow directions for Route 9
From NJ Turnpike
- Take exit 8A
- Take 612 ( Forsgate Drive)
- Follow to the 4-way stop intersection (Perrineville Road and Forsgate Drive)
- Go straight through and the Park entrance is on the right